Saturday, August 29, 2009

Armed with the ignorance of my innocence


I have fallen prey to the belief that kindness and honesty can trump an evil action. I have dropped to my knees often and allowed the whip of a tyrant to lash against my back. Each lash brought with it the hope that justice would prevail. The pain was temporary and the wounds eventually healed, but I finally realized the wickedness of an amoral soul can't be harnessed with kind words or the truth.....

The truth is irrelevant to those who erect monuments to their self-interest and preservation. Can Lady Justice peek underneath her blindfold and see the scales are uneven? How does one fight the approaching storm that threatens to eradicate the harvest of a lifetime? Bow submissively to those strong winds like a palm tree never taking your eyes off the ultimate goal: recover and lick your wounds, regain strength, and at the right moment pierce the heart of the storm with the lightning of the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment