Sunday, August 23, 2009

Doors will open no matter what!


All doors are closing. I dig myself out of one hole to fall into a deeper hole. I am swimming against the current. There is a strong wind and I put my head down just to take one more step. One by one I lay each brick on this wall when suddenly the entire project comes crashing down. Good news are hard to come by.......so I thought!

I had a late lunch yesterday and as I was walking to my car I came across a man sitting on the curb. It was around 3 pm and this guy was so drunk he couldn't even light his cigarrete. He looked at me as if to say "I am done. I give up." He had given up in life a long time ago. I told him jokingly that he was alive and to be grateful. He replied, "You are lucky because you seem to have everything in life." If he only knew?, but...........yes indeed! I am lucky because I DO have everything in life. I haven't lost the zest for life. There is still a bounce on my step. I can accomplish anything. A setback is one more twist on those starting blocks that will thrust me forward stronger than ever.

He wasn't asking me for money. He wanted something else. A word of encouragement is what I gave him. I shook his hand and said a silent prayer. "May the obsession that consumes you today brother dissipates and you can regain your quest, whatever it may be."

Just turn the doorknob and the door you thought was closed will open when you least expect it. It doesn't have to be your door. It works just as well. The doorknob is called faith and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment