Sunday, August 23, 2009

Today

Some would claim that we become invisible after 40. That our role in this "comedy of life" diminishes and we become nonexistent in a world where youth and vigor triumph.

I don't know if I have become invisible....probably! However, never before have I been more conscious about my existence, the role that I am now playing, and enjoy each moment like I do right now.

Today, I recognize that I am capable of loving without reservations, to give without asking for anything in return, and I don't have to do anything that does NOT feel right.

Today, I equally cherish both my faults and good traits. I allow myself the luxury of being imperfect, a failure at times, and not respond to expectations placed by society. Today, I do inappropriate things and feel good about it.

I can do all this things because I am surrounded by a few who respect and love me for who I am........imperfect but always true.

Today, I look in the mirror and no longer search for who I was. I smile to the person that I am today and the changes that will arrive in the future.

I no longer chase dreams. I've learned to be patient and to allow those dreams to arrive at the appropriate time......maturity has a price.

I can't hold on to these waves even though when I am inside of them I wish they would never depart. Today, I submerge in them and as they leave, I bid farewell.

Today, I recognize that NOBODY is responsible for my happiness......only me!!!!!

Today, I know the wind extends its arms around me as I walk down the street and it is up to me to feel it.

Today, I know that life is so beautiful because I have departed from it many times.

Today, I live this life the way it is.....low tides and sunsets......let it run, don't ask for anything, only what you have gained and deserve.

Today, I have realized that I am not invisible! I am still a protagonist in this play!

No comments:

Post a Comment