Monday, August 24, 2009

Patience


I came home last night very late totally exhausted. I wanted to make a blog entry but was mentally drained and the blog would have been total rubbish. I had been up since 3 am, spend most of the morning and early afternoon in the hot South Florida sun, and finished the day organizing the material for the flea market on Saturday. It was a day filled with frustration and disappointment coupled with the fact that I twisted my ankle trying to carry a large dresser to the truck.......I am getting too old for this .......!

I could have allowed the "negative" events that unfolded during the day to bring me down, to say "it is not worth it anymore," and to continue feeding the eternal worries that can't never escape us. Instead, I chose to quietly revolt against the pessimism. I chose to quell the tumults. How? By being PATIENCE and THANKFUL!

The emotional or spiritual pain is a gift from God. Let me repeat this again. IT IS A GIFT FROM GOD. How can you say that JC? Are you being a masochist? No, I am not a masochist. I certainly don't enjoy painful or difficult moments, but I've learned to accept them with patience because I see them as the key to a divine future. I used to want things NOW, enjoy the moment, don't think about the future, who cares about tomorrow, I want it NOW, THIS MOMENT, AHORA, IT IS MINE! What a selfish attitude! To think that all the bad things that happened today were directed at me because I AM THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE. I AM THE ONLY ONE WITH PROBLEMS. As a matter of fact, my problems are bigger than the rest of the world.....selfish indeed!

Life is hard. It's comprised of thousand of insignificant acts that are constantly bothering us like pricks from small pins. However, it is necessary to understand the DUTIES that have been assigned to us by the Creator which include moments that are less than perfect. It also important to see beyond the pain and enjoy the joy we have today or the blessings we receive each and every day but we dismiss them with our eternal selfish attitude. I hope you can see that your blessings outnumber whatever difficulties you are encountering today.

The bundle that you carry gets lighter when you raise your head instead of looking down.

No comments:

Post a Comment