Sunday, August 23, 2009

Get up and keep going!


I got home at midnight on Thursday after attending my weekly spiritual meeting, and I felt very tired and worn out. I've had this cough and fever for the past week or so and I can't seem to shake if off. I needed to sleep for a couple hours and wake up at 3 am to get ready for the flea market and sell some antique furniture that I acquired last week. When the alarm clock went off, I didn't want to get out of bed. My brain was telling me....."are you crazy JC? stay here in bed. forget about the flea market. you can go some other time. it is too early. you are not feeling well. you are sick. take care of yourself. take it easy. it will be ok. don't worry." I listened to my brain for a few minutes (not much to listen to since there is not much of content up there anyway) and decided instead to listen to my heart. I HAVE TO DO IT NO MATTER WHAT! I don't care how bad I feel. I don't care if I have 102 fever. I don't care if I puke all the way up there. I don't care if I don't sell crap all day. I HAVE TO DO IT AT ALL COST! OTHERS ARE COUNTING ON ME. OTHERS WHO ARE SOUND SLEEP RIGHT NOW HAVE PLACED THEIR TRUST IN ME! I WILL NOT FAIL!

Thank you for your input Mr. Brain. Put your clothes on and get ready because you are doing some selling today at the flea market my friend.

Get up and keep going. Ten percent of what happens is out of your control. Ninety percent is how you react to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment