Sunday, August 23, 2009

I am back!


My apologies for the long hiatus!!!!! A few changes in my life have taken place in the past couple of weeks and my mind hasn't really being on the creative side. I moved to a new home and the move itself was an adventure. However, nothing is permanent (not even the crisis that we create in our heads) and things eventually evolve into something better. I am now settled and ready to begin a new journey.

I will spare you the details but suffice to say that when one thought that things can't get any worst, here comes the car over the cliff and at the last second one realizes that the seatbelt is not even working......hold on to dear life, pray that all is well once you land, and start thinking about the next car that you are going to buy.

Our ego and pride are our own worst enemy. They suck away our happiness and the fulfillment that we can have if we only put them aside. In those instances when we can assume that we won the argument or "I came on top," is that really what happened? I guarantee you that in our effort to be invincible and win at all cost, we end up being miserable, unhappy, and ultimately empty inside. I can think of many times when I argued with my ex wife and would spend hours trying to convince her that I was right and she was wrong. After hours of arguing, neither one of us could claim victory. She would retract into her "safety cave" and I would go back to mine to lick my wounds. Time and energy wasted for what? I learned not to argue because I'd much rather be happy than right.

A friend of mine called me today asking me advise about men and dating. She is single and having some challenges in finding the "right guy." After a few unsuccessful dates and guys not calling back, she starts to think that perhaps there is something wrong with her. I told her that there is nothing wrong with her and that she needs to understand the mind set of men........lets leave it here for now and we'll continue this conversation tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment